o .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lamrot Hakol (Despite Everything)

Musings and kvetchings and Torah thoughts from an unconventional Orthodox Jew.

My Photo
Name:

"I blog, therefore I am". Clearly not true, or I wouldn't exist except every now and then.

Friday, July 22, 2005

My sister totally rocks

Okay, so I posted that item about my getting a story published. And I am way excited about that. But it's absolutely nothing in comparison to my sister's novel.

You have to check out her website. She's a real writer; not an unfocused dilettante like me.

My little sister (I'm the oldest, followed by my brother and then my two sisters) wasn't my favorite person when I was growing up. And I certainly wasn't hers. We tended to get along like nitro and glycerin.

Of all of the wonderful things that have happened in my life -- and there've been more than a few, despite my constant bitching and moaning about the horrible things that so grossly outnumber them -- becoming friends with my sister now that we're adults is pretty near the top.

She is far and away the best of us all. I don't mean to slight my brother and my other sister, but Brenda is special. I don't know if it's because of her indefatigable optimism or her insistence on always seeing the best in people, but she's a good person in ways that you just hardly ever see. In ways that I will never be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Google