o .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lamrot Hakol (Despite Everything)

Musings and kvetchings and Torah thoughts from an unconventional Orthodox Jew.

My Photo
Name:

"I blog, therefore I am". Clearly not true, or I wouldn't exist except every now and then.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Two new blogs

I decided to create two sister blogs to this one.

The first one is called Tipot BaYam. It means "A drop in the sea", and the sea in question is the Sea of the Torah. It's a big sea, and my drops are more like droplets, but I thought it would be nice to have a place specifically for divrei Torah. So that's the place.

The second one is called Word Soup. It's for anything literary that oozes its way out of my brain, pretty much. I primed the pump with a thing I wrote a couple of years ago, just before Star Wars Episode Two: Attack of the Clones came out. A friend of mine had sent out an e-mail asking for help in writing some filk. He was going to do it to the tune of "Send in the Clowns", and he needed a rhyme for midichlorian.

So I thought about it for a bit, and used midichlorian in a limerick. And then, because if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing (you heard it here first), I did the whole Star Wars hexology, all in limericks. Hey, it's better than haiku.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Google