o .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lamrot Hakol (Despite Everything)

Musings and kvetchings and Torah thoughts from an unconventional Orthodox Jew.

My Photo
Name:

"I blog, therefore I am". Clearly not true, or I wouldn't exist except every now and then.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Getting Solicited

Not that way, dirty minded readers (that's only addressed at the dirty minded ones, mind you). In the literary sense.

So I'd posted here before, back at the beginning of this blog, about the story I wrote that was going to be published in an anthology of short stories. That anthology hit the bookshelves on November 29, 2005, and while I have no idea if it's in stock anywhere, it's definitely in the computers at Borders, and it's up on Amazon.com (ranking in the top half a million titles -- heh).

Anyway, less than a month later, I got an e-mail from a woman who is editing another anthology for the same publisher. This one is a science fiction anthology. The submission period had started on August 15 and was due to end in less than a week (she e-mailed me on December 26, and the deadline was the end of the year), but she'd just gotten a copy of the book with my story in it, and she liked it a lot. So she got my e-mail address and wrote to ask me if I had anything I could submit for it. There was an extension to January 20, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I'm not 100% sure she's going to accept the story, even though she wrote to me, because it doesn't completely meet the criteria for the anthology, but I really liked the story, and if she doesn't want it, I'll probably submit it to Asimov's. The story is called "Runaway", and I honestly don't know how to describe it other than to say it's about a chase.

But it was wicked cool to be asked, even if she winds up not using it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Google